Hello,

I need to build and run guacamole on RHEL machines. RHEL is dropping
support for libssh2 starting with RHEL 8.x. I thought it would be a good
idea to try adding support for building against libssh. I read the previous
discussion here:

and I understand that there is no compelling reason to migrate to libssh.
However, would adding libssh as a build-/run-time *alternative* be a
valuable exercise? I could give this a try.

Again, my idea is not about migration. libssh2 would still be used as the
default SSH library. This is just about adding libssh as an option. I
reviewed the SSH-related portions of the code and I believe it can be made
library-agnostic (some of it is already).

I'm kindly asking other developers to share their opinions on this.
Thanks,
Oleg