Tried the workaround for HDB 2.0.0 and it does not seem to be working.

I have a job which running every hour to run a COUNT on native table and
external hdfs pxf table. I have intermittently checked the Hive table via
HCatalog in the 24 hours period (close to 3 time roughly).

However, after the expiration of 24 hours since the last PXF restart the
hcatalog based SELECT queries start to fail. The external hdfs pxf table
and native table continue to work with the workaround in place.

The error remains the same. Looks like the workaround does not fix this. Am
I missing something here?

This is what I get on the psql prompt:

postgres=# SELECT * FROM hcatalog.default.hive_table;
ERROR:  remote component error (500) from '127.0.0.1:51200':  type
 Exception report   message   java.lang.Exception:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed connecting to Hive MetaStore service:
Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided. Most recent
failure: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: GSS initiate
failed    description   The server encountered an internal error that
prevented it from fulfilling this request.    exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.Exception:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed connecting to Hive MetaStore service:
Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided. Most recent
failure: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: GSS initiate
failed (libchurl.c:878)
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM hcatalog.default.hive_table;

And the following is what I see in hivemetastore.log:

2017-01-28 22:46:01,713 ERROR [pool-6-thread-69]: server.TThreadPoolServer
(TThreadPoolServer.java:run(296)) - Error occurred during processing of
message.
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Peer indicated failure:
GSS initiate failed
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:219)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingTransportFactory$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:609)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingTransportFactory$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:606)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1704)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingTransportFactory.getTransport(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:606)
        at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:268)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Peer indicated
failure: GSS initiate failed
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.receiveSaslMessage(TSaslTransport.java:199)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.handleSaslStartMessage(TSaslServerTransport.java:125)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:271)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.open(TSaslServerTransport.java:41)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:216)
        ... 10 more

Regards,
Gagan Brahmi