Folks, my apologies if this has been discussed here before but can someone
please shed some light on how Hypertable is claiming upto a 900% higher
throughput on random reads and upto a 1000% on sequential reads in their
performance evaluation vs HBase (modeled after the perf-eval test in section
7 of the Bigtable paper):
http://www.hypertable.com/pub/perfeval/test1 (section: System Performance
Difference)

For one, I noticed they are running on CentOS 5.2 on 1.8Ghz dual-core
Opterons / 10gigs of RAM. There's also no date of posting on the blogpost.
It has been a while since I checked but YCSB did not have support for
Hypertable testing. The numbers do seem a bit too good to be true :)

-Gaurav