Why not run multiple JVMs per machine?

Chad

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Rawson [mailto:ryano...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:52 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hypertable claiming upto >900% random-read throughput vs HBase

The malloc thing was pointing out that we have to contend with Xmx and GC.  So
it makes it harder for us to maximally use all the available ram for block
cache in the regionserver.  Which you may or may not want to do for alternative
reasons.  At least with Xmx you can plan and control your deployments, and you
wont suffer from heap growth due to heap fragmentation.

-ryan