I understand HTable is not thread-safe. How about HConnectionImplementation? I presume it is thread-safe, because otherwise creating a HTable for each thread will only work when each thread uses it's own Configuration. (Since Configuration is mapped to a HConnectionImplementation). So, how does it exactly achieve thread-safety? For example, will N threads result in N zookeeper connections?

Secondly, are there any plans to improve HTable thread-safety / efficiency? I'm aware of asynchbase, but I think it would be very nice to have an efficient implementation out of the box.

Ferdy.