Sorry this took so long, but Mikael you are absolutely right that some of
these metrics are non-sensible in name.  I created a ticket:

The "flushSize", and "flushTime" ones (flushSize_avg_time,
flushSize_num_ops, flushTime_avg_time, flushTime_num_ops) would be better
off being treated as "flush_avg_time", "flush_num_ops", and
"flushSize_avg".

I updated the metrics where I could in another ticket.