Hi Devs,

How about raising the "max line width" from 80 (to 100 or 120)?
IMO, 80 characters length is too low & it makes the code bit ugly.

Example:
    long timstamp = conf.getLong(TIMESTAMP_CONF_KEY,
System.currentTimeMillis());

Above code snippet after formatting, it turned to

    long timstamp = conf
        .getLong(TIMESTAMP_CONF_KEY, System.currentTimeMillis());

Please respond with your opinion considering the following points.

- Sun Java coding standards drafted in 1999
- Terminals(Monitors) we are using now are very wider and 80 characters is
not a valid limit anymore.
- As per Ted, Google raised this limit
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5564]

Note: We don't need to reformat entire codebase. My proposal is to apply
these standards to new code getting commited.

--
Regards,
Laxman