Following up on the below conversation thread, I will make the adjustment
up in JIRA later today so newly opened JIRAs will show in the dev list (To
be more exact, CREATED, RESOLVED, CLOSED, and REOPENED).  The general
notion is that iss...@hbase.apache.org is too hard to follow because it has
ALL issue changes -- both mundane (the majority) and the sublime -- and
there is just too much volume to follow if one is trying to keep up.  If
dev gets a mail when an issue is opened, folks can select those issues they
are interested in and 'watch' them in JIRA and ignore all the rest.

If objection, please raise it now on this thread else, later today expect
JIRA mail here in dev.

Thanks,
St.Ack