I also think also that new features need to go in new versions only
and try to avoid backporting them.. Else if we keep adding new
features in previous versions, we might have to keep adding bug fixes
because of those features and it's a never ending story.

But as Elliott is saying, we need to push the fixes in all the branchs
and not only the trunk to not force people to migrate to new major
releases to get some bugs fixed.

The postgresql versionning policy is nice. But I'm not sure we should
keep 4 versions running. 4 version will mean we still need to backport
fixes to 0.90.x even when 0.96 will be out. I'm not sure it's
realistic since there is to much differences between all those
versions. I will say 2 to 3 is the max. Like when a version is recent
we can keep 3 versions going, but when the versions is not to its
x.x.4 ou x.x.5, it's supposed to be stable enought and we can think
about stopping the support for the 3 versions and move to 2.

With today versions that will mean that we support 0.92.x and 0.94.x
since we are at 0.94.5. And we will continue to support 0.92.x until
0.96 is up to 0.96.4.

Just my opinion.