could you point me to the big picture of this jira?

from what I've understood this is something like
extending the Bytes.toInt() to all the types
to allow the user to have something more like
      table.putInt(myKey, 100);
      int v = table.getInt(myKey)

something like this right?
or is there something more?
like table schemas, entities & co similar to the kiji project?

are you also thinking at some sort of data-awareness server side
for example encoding/compression based on the data type
or compaction policies if your key is a date or similar?

Thanks!