There's always the option of duplicating those annotations into the HBase
package if you want to annotate 0.94 without depending on Hadoop 2.

Given that it's only annotations, you also may be able to pull in the
Hadoop 2 annotations package without all of common (I believe it's a
separate maven artifact)

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon