I am -1 to remove, took a long time to get it in there and should deprecate
Thrift v1 - or else we are in the same mess as mapred and mapreduce is. We once
replaced the entire client API and now we can't do this for Thrift?

I am happy to work on v2 and fix or maintain it. It should be the way forward
methinks.

Lars