When last we spoke on dev@ about 0.98 I suggested branching one month after
the 0.96.0 release. There was no comment or objection. That would be late
November then. No problem to branch sooner.

Sorry none of us at Intel could be there in person. For 0.98, to add to the
below list there are a couple of security related issues we're aiming for
the release, based on tags, coprocessors, and HFile v3: cell ACLs,
visibility labels, and transparent encryption.

   - Andy

(via Tom White)