Sorry about that mates, I know I'm late. I was fighting against snappy
codec for the last few days and was not able to correctly startup my 0.96.1
version.

So since it's already over, I have done a reduce phase test.
Verified the signature, checked the documentation and the CHANGES.txt file.
distcp 2TB from a 0.94.x/hadoop 1.0.3 cluster to 0.96.1/hadoop 2.2.0. Ran
the migration tool.
online merged an entire table to a single region.

At the end of all of that I have some inconsistencies in the system
reported by HBCK. (Extra regions, empty regioninfo_qualifier in the meta,
etc.).

I will redo all the steps I did one by one and run HBCK between each to see
where it failed and report what I found. Next step will be to enable
replication between my 0.94 and my 0.96 clusters.

JM