That test failure was not reproducible on my build boxes.

Last call for commits that already have a +1 for 0.98 branch, I am tagging
RC0 around midnight tonight Pacific time.

After that please consider the "soft freeze" over and done, my earlier
request complete. I still reserve the right to revert inappropriate commits
to 0.98 branch as RM, so it would be good to check first on changes that
are new features or may be controversial.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:

> There is also a suspicious failure in
> https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-0.98/100/ that I'm now looking into.
>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> I apologize for the delay in tagging the 0.98.0 RC. There is one
>> outstanding blocker - HBASE-10322. I think we have rounded the curve and
>> are headed home on it. In the meantime holding up the RC has been a net
>> positive I think, we've had issues come up like HBASE-10384 and the
>> opportunity to get them into the RC. In addition I've had time to fix some
>> lingering coprocessor related issues.
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, as long as we keep filing blockers there won't be any RC.

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>>    - Andy

>> (via Tom White)