On ZK abstraction...

What date tentatively we're talking as a release date for 1.0.0?

I think Enis is right that technically as long as we're just changing
private interfaces, we can do part in one release and the rest in
subsequent one, yet also I agree with Andrew that having ZK
partially-separated is a bit odd. On other consideration is that we can't
do anything non-rolling-upgradable before 1.0 is out, IIUC.

I would say - let's aim to have not-too-intrusive refactoring work as part
of 1.0 (non-intrusive means - not changing control flow through ZK or data
stored in ZooKeeper). If we end up in in situation when ZK abstraction is
on the critical part for release - let's reduce the scope and leave certain
areas (like replication queues) for the subsequent release. And from 1.0
onwards - we can start redesigning the way we store shared state and tackle
multiple active master/region replicas.

Thoughts?

Jimmy - what about ZK-less assignment, will it go in before 1.0?

-Mikhail

--
Thanks,
Michael Antonov