Hi all.

When a writer for a column family exceeds the hregion.max.filesize  then we are
rolling writers of all the column families though the writers of the other
column family has not exceeded the max size.
Below is the code snippet from HFileOutputFormat2 class.
{code}
        // If any of the HFiles for the column families has reached
        // maxsize, we need to roll all the writers
        if (wl != null && wl.written + length >= maxsize) {
          this.rollRequested = true;
        }

        // This can only happen once a row is finished though
        if (rollRequested && Bytes.compareTo(this.previousRow, rowKey) != 0) {
          rollWriters();
        }
{code}

Is it a bug or I am missing something ?