>>Is there example of the above usage pattern ?
Just take cases of Filters and CP where a Cell is exposed to the user in
the read path and that cell could be having hasArray - false (Cells backed
by DBB) or true (Cells that are coming from Memstore).
>>Within HBase core, we can
make sure the above pattern doesn't exist, right ?
In HBase core code we could definitely avoid the pattern and infact always
with getXXXBuffer everywhere (use getXXXOffset and getXXXLength) depends on
either (1) or (2) approach that we take. (1) could be preferable as
multiple new small objects can be avoided.
Also would help in KeyValue type Cells also to be used with getXXXBuffer
along with getXXXOffset and getXXXLength.

Regards
Ram