Hey folks!

Apologies if I've overlooked this getting discussed already. Do we have a
goal release cadence for minor versions out of branch-1?

My first gut reaction is that it should essentially match the cadence we've
been aiming at for the 0.98 line. That would mean attempting to match
monthly, I think?

The obvious problem with this is that now that we have patch versions, it
means essentially getting a new branch per month for backports. That's
quickly going to get old, even if we presume most additions will move onto
branch-2 in a year or so.

What do folks think about limiting which minor versions patch-level fixes
go into? We could default to the most recent release + current minor dev
and go back farther when requested by the issue filer?

That means in ~3 months we'd expect branch-1 to be working on 1.4 and most
patch-level fixes to go into branch-1.3 and branch-1. If someone reported a
failure and they were on e.g. 1.1.z, we'd also do the fix in branch-1.1 and
branch-1.2.

Or should we just stick with hitting all of the branches on the presumption
that the cherry picks should be trivial?

--
Sean