​
How about I make a saved jira query for people who have had jira's assigned
​> ​
to them, add a link to that query for our "here are the contributors"
​> ​
section, and then trim off from the role anyone who hasn't been assigned an
​> ​
issue in the last year?

That sounds like a very fair proposition. The JIRA role list isn't public I
think, but just in case. Anyway, there's every reason to call out our
contributors publicly and offer acknowledgement as thanks.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> > I think it would be fine to trim the contributor list too. We can always
> > add people back on demand in order to (re)assign issues.
> >

> I wasn't sure how we generate the list of contributors. But then I noticed
> that we don't link to jira for it like I thought we did[1].
>
> ​​
> How about I make a saved jira query for people who have had jira's assigned
> to them, add a link to that query for our "here are the contributors"
> section, and then trim off from the role anyone who hasn't been assigned an
> issue in the last year?
>

> [1]: http://hbase.apache.org/team-list.html
>
> --
> Sean