On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
wrote:

> > There's no reason our HDFS usage should be exposed in the HBase client
> code, and I think the application classpath feature for YARN in that
> version can isolate us on the MR side.
>
> I was thinking more the case where we have to bump our version of Guava
> because our version and Hadoop's version are mutually incompatible and
> causing compilation failures or runtime failures or both. This was a thing
> once. Would it be possible to have different dependencies specified for
> client and server Maven projects? I suppose we could hack this, though it
> would be ugly.

Yes, this is certainly doable in Maven. I think such a change would need to
come with documentation about and changes in assumptions in our
architecture, namely that the client side code only relate to the server
side code via RPC.

I'm not sure if this sounds more like a 2.0 thing or a 1.1 / 1.2 thing.

--
Sean