Thanks, Wilm. I’ll look for the thread there.

Obviously I didn’t realize there was so much back story: I was asking
about this specific implementation because it seems to be fairly well
thought out and have good commentary in the Jira ticket (HBASE-9203). At
the time I thought it was mostly a dev concern. I think we’ve moved on, as
you pointed out.

I'd be happy to contribute to hbase if I have something to offer. I’m just
starting with this, so let’s see where it takes us.

For those of you joining us late, you can find the continuation here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/201503.mbox/%3C550722DA
.3040009%40gmail.com%3E

-j