Should we wait for HBASE-13262 to be in before this RC? Seems as though the
change that is currently in the works would not require backporting
HBASE-11544 and thus could be backported into 0.98 and branch-1.0 as well.
If waiting for it to be in is not appropriate due to the need to get on top
of the issue right away, I understand, just a thought.

Jonathan