On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Enis Söztutar <e...@apache.org> wrote:

> Checked the documentation. Both the index.html and book are in the old
> format. Nick did you copy the docs from master? This is unfortunate, but
> not a blocker to the RC.

I did copy the docs over, but must be there's pom changes that happened on
master after branch-1.1 was cut.

https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/4f5b22bc19cb8d24ced5d42ebd9794cfd83bae85

Going through the compat report:
> https://people.apache.org/~enis/1.0.1_1.1.0RC0_compat_report.html, a
> couple
> of interesting things:
>
>   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13551 missed 2 classes
> related to proc v2. They should not be Public.
>
>   - AuthUtil should not be Public.

Okay, I've opened HBASE-13661 for this one. Mind commenting there with the
proc v2 class names?

This seems source incompatibility:

>  - RegionScanner.nextRaw ( java.util.List<org.apache.hadoop.hbase.Cell> p1,
> int p2 ) [abstract]  *:*  boolean
>
> My vote would be -0, since the RegionScanner.nextRaw() although not used
> much is a concerning change and breaks source compat.

The RegionScanner change should be acceptable because it's marked as
Evolving, though let's discuss. The change came in as part of HBASE-13421:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/408b9161754966af80be5046fea657769b24f6a0#diff-87a7898ef24244574a843648feac86b7