Hey Guys, I'm new to HBase and trying to connect to it via Java Code. Now for
a lot of hours I've been reading and trying stuff, but I can't seem to wrap
my head around it.
So maybe somebody could give me a short explanation of
-How I can connect to HBase
-How I can authenticate to HBase (Keywords SASL and Kerberos, are there
other methods?)
(both in a Java context).

I can access HBase via console with an ssh and user/pw combination, how do i
model that in Java?
My code at the moment is:

            System.out.println("yoooo parentnode: " +
conf.get("zookeeper.znode.parent"));
        conf.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", ZOOKEEPER_QUORUM);
        conf.set("hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort",
CLIENT_PORT_ZOOKEEPER);

        Configuration hc = HBaseConfiguration.create(conf);

        HTableDescriptor ht = new HTableDescriptor("User");

        ht.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor("Id"));

        ht.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor("Name"));

        System.out.println("connecting");

        HBaseAdmin hba = new HBaseAdmin(hc);

        System.out.println("Creating Table");

//        hba.createTable(ht);

        System.out.println("Done......");

Which leads me to this exception: 14:32:24,033 WARN
[org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient] (default
task-27-SendThread(10.0.7.37:5181)) Could not login: the client is being
asked for a password, but the Zookeeper client code does not currently
support obtaining a password from the user. Make sure that the client is
configured to use a ticket cache (using the JAAS configuration setting
'useTicketCache=true)' and restart the client. If you still get this message
after that, the TGT in the ticket cache has expired and must be manually
refreshed. To do so, first determine if you are using a password or a
keytab. If the former, run kinit in a Unix shell in the environment of the
user who is running this Zookeeper client using the command 'kinit <princ>'
(where <princ> is the name of the client's Kerberos principal). If the
Kerberos principal, and <keytab> is the location of the keytab file). After
manually refreshing your cache, restart this client. If you continue to see
this message after manually refreshing your cache, ensure that your KDC
host's clock is in sync with this host's clock.

Am I on the right path or completely off? I know there are lots of posts
about that on here and StackOverflow etc. but I can't seem to figure it out.
Thanksss for any help!!!