Works for me. I'll be back in the Bay Area the week of August 9th.
We have done a _lot_ of work on backups as well - ours are more complicated as
we wanted fast per-tenant restores, so data is "grouped" by tenant. Would like
to sync up on that (hopefully some of the folks who wrote most of the code will
be in town, I'll check).

Also interested in the "Time" and "offheap" parts (although you folks usually
do not like what I think about the offheap efforts :) ).
Would like to add the following topics:

- "Timestamp Resolution". Or making space for more bits in the timestamps
(happy to cover that, unless it's part of the "Time" topic)

- "Replication". We found that replication cannot keep up with high write
loads, due to the fact that replicated is strictly single threaded per
regionserver (even though we have multiple region servers on the sink side)

- "Spark integration" (Ted Malaska?)

OK... Out now to make a "bullshit hat".

-- Lars