I took the latest patch on the jira and then applied to apache master.
Then I merged the branch based on that code.

Roughly:

# checked out apache/master,
git checkout apache/master
# apply mega patch
patch -p1 < 11339-master-v10.patch
# I did some testing on it (made sure it built, made sure Test*Mob* passed)
and then did a local commit.
git add .... # add all the new code changes from the mega patch)
git branch hbase-11339-merge
git checkout hbase-11339-merge
git commit hbase-11339-merge

# checked out apache/master again
git checkout apache/master
git branch -f master
git checkout master
# merged with apache/hbase-11339.
git merge apache/hbase-11339
# there are many conflicts so I forced all the changes in the
hbase-11339-merge branch in
git checkout hbase-11339-merge hbase-* src
git add .... # add all the new code changes from previous checkout command
git commit master
# compared against temporary commit and saw no change
git diff hbase-11339-merge
# committed to master.
git push apache master

--