branch-1 has completely re-written row locks from 0.98 and branch-1.1.

See:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/bae2a970817d3693946c5b1d4e2382e56b1e94b8
https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/2c83d8a263ee7c6751448bcc72868da86757f7f2

I'm not sure how much we're going to get by looking at row locks on a point
release. Also the branches are different enough that things probably don't
apply to all branches at all.