On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  You got my question correctly.
> If we are scanning the rows one by one and we have the requested column in
> the column tracker, we have the row+column to look up in the bloom filter,
> don't we? We may not be able to filter out the file scanners upfront. But
> may at the later time and lower level to skip something?

<I've not looked at the code>You are right. If more than one explicit
column specified, we could do a bloom check for the second and so on since
we'd have the current row to hand. It could make for a nice speedup for
scans of many explicit columns traversing a dataset that is sparsely
populated.</I've not looked at the code>.

St.Ack