I can see in the patches that you are trying to use Cell creation with Tags
and use of Tag APIs..  Only concern is Tag is Private audience marked. It
was created to support per cell ACL/ visibility etc.

As part of off heaping effort, we are planning to make some changes to Tag
APIs.. (To make it interface impl itself).. This will happen in HBase
trunk..   So later when you move to newer version need to change it.

-Anoop-