Hi,

In time for the other RCs going on, let me do the next RC for 1.0.3
release. I'll cut the RC next Tuesday, the 19th of Jan. Let me know if you
want to commit anything to the branch.

My original plan with 1.0 branch was to keep up monthly or semi-monthly
release cadence, but since then, I changed my mind that having fewer but
more tested-out releases is better. And since 1.1 releases are easily
upgradable, and much more stable than 1.0, there is not much demand for
continued 1.0 releases I feel. Therefore I do not plan to drive any more
1.0 release candidates unless there is a real need (security issue, etc).

Of course, any PMC can drive the next 1.0.x release if needed, but it may
also be worthwhile to discuss EOLing the 1.0 branch. How do you guys feel
about that? There is already very limited bandwidth to properly test out a
release candidate that I think can go into maintaining 1.1 and 1.2 lines.

Enis