I agree with Andrew here.

We had a good cadence with 98 -- I didn't mean to exclude.  The fast
cadence of 94/98 releases was good --  the more recent 1.x lines haven't
been as frequent.

Using the more precise terminology Andrew suggests-- if we used our new
versioning rules back in the 94/98 days, many would effectively have been
patch releases (e.g.: using snapshots as an example,  94.3, .4, .5 were
roughly patch releases, and 94.6 which intro'ed snapshots which would have
been a minor). We just didn't make it obvious to users back then.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// j...@cloudera.com // @jmhsieh