I still have to review the full AMv2 meta updates path to see whether there
may still be "split brain" due to the extra RPC to a remote server. But I
really like the notion of keeping the deployment topology of branch-1 by
default.

The fact is that 2.0 is already lagging, and minimizing the set of changes
to get a release out earlier is in the best interest of the community.

Enis