You interested in opening up a JIRA issue for this change and/or making such a doc-change, Rick?

Otherwise, someone here will do it for you.

On 11/6/17 2:43 PM, Rick Kellogg wrote:
Greetings,

I just had an opportunity to review the current HBase Reference Guide.  No
were in there does it even mention the hbase-shaded-client.  There is a
discussion of Protobufs and shading of such.

I would suggest adding documentation on hbase-shaded-client and add a note
under section 147.1.7 Build Gotchas: Where are my shaded jars files?

Many thanks for your assistance.
Rick Kellogg

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Busbey [mailto:bus...@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 8:17 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Empty hbase-shaded-client JAR file

Between the addition of the shaded jars in 1.1.0 and 1.1.1/1.2.0 building
the shaded jars was moved to the release profile after complaints about how
much time was added to the build by doing them all the time.

I think all the discussion was on JIRA:

Rick, is there some place we could have called out this detail in docs to
save you time?