Happy Thanksgiving all,
In recent benchmarks I ran in HBASE-18294 I discovered major performance
degradation of master code w.r.t 2-alpha-1 code.I am running write-only
workload (similar to the one reported in HBASE-16417). I am using the same
hardware and same configuration settings (specifically, I testes both basic
memstore compaction with optimal parameters, and no memsore compaction).While
in 2-alpha-1 code I see throughput of ~110Kops for basic compaction and ~80Kops
for no compaction, in the master code I get only 60Kops and 55Kops,
respectively. *This is almost 50% reduction in performance*.
(1) Did anyone else noticed such degradation?(2) Do we have any systematic
automatic/semi-automatic method to track the sources of this performance issue?
Thanks,Eshcar