From: Andrew Purtell [mailto:apurt...@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 5:26 AM
To: dev <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: [VOTE] The second HBase 1.4.2 release candidate (RC1) is available

The second HBase 1.4.2 release candidate (RC1) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.2RC1/ and Maven
artifacts are available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1196/ .

The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '1.4.2RC1' (b4ec89059c). Note
this is different from branch-1.4 by one commit because we had an intervening
commit between tag and push (08b9939974, HBASE-20016) while I was running
tests. The only difference is the CHANGES.txt update for
1.4.2RC1 is placed ahead of the commit for HBASE-20016, but does not mention
it, which is fine, because 1.4.2RC1 does not contain HBASE-20016.

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is available
for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.2RC1/compat-check-report.html
.

A list of the 22 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/aGcb .

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to
close it Thursday February 28, 2018 if we have sufficient votes.

Prior to making this announcement I made the following preflight checks:

   - RAT check passes (7u80)
   - Unit test suite passes (8u131)
   - LTT load 1M rows with 100% verification and 20% updates (8u131)
   - PE sequentialWrite, sequentialRead, randomWrite, randomRead,
   scanRange100 (8u131)
   - ITBLL Loop 1 100M rows (8u131)

Andrew