​
For eg. Andrew will caretake branch-1.4, Stack will caretake branch-2.0

Not as I originally proposed. In this example, Andrew will caretake
branch-1 and Stack will caretake branch-2.  Andrew and Stack will be making
more minor release branches more often and patch releases will become less
frequent. For example, I'm going to be done with branch-1.4 in six months
and on to branch-1.5. (Hypothetically.) Anyone is welcome to RM those
branch-x.y. As long as someone is actively RMing branch-x.y it stays alive.
That's how we'd come to a consensus on what is long term stable.

Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk