quick follow-up here. the full version info is in fact missing the revision:

hbase-2.2.0 busbey$ ./bin/hbase version
HBase 2.2.0
Source code repository
git://hao-OptiPlex-7050/home/hao/open_source/hbase revision=
Compiled by hao on 2019年 03月 07日 星期四 14:05:34 CST
>From source with checksum 783fee467bb1b28666f0d904437862c4

I think this is the issue stack ran into on HBASE-21935/HBASE-21999
where HBASE-20764 introduced a git cli option that issn't supported on
older versions of git.

Guanghao for the next RC would it be possible to update your local git version?