(Sending this note for Busbey as he's chasing other stuff)

He had sent a note to private asking what had happened to branch-1.2. In my cleanup of old branches to try to reduce our Jenkins usage at the request of Infra, I created a git tag instead of the branch: branch-1.2 was deleted remotely, and the tag branch-1.2-EOM was created.

Busbey said he would put back branch-1.2 (at least temporarily), but that we should discuss what we want the "normal" to be going forward.

I can see the confusion in folks who are "used to" the "branch-x[.y]" notation being confused when the upstream branch is no longer present. However, I can also see the "EOM" tag for the same "branch-x[.y]" being self-explanatory (or at least a good indication that maybe a user is trying to interact with a development line that we no longer maintain).

How do others think we should handle branches which we voted on no-longer maintaining releases for?

- Josh