For what it’s worth I had previously been concerned about the disparity between
hbck capability in 1.x and 2.x but after review of the recent work I believe
that is no longer true. Put another way, it is reasonable to claim it on par.

As for moving the stable pointer I don’t personally have enough experience with
HBase 2 to weigh in but will trust the opinions of those that do.