On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 00:42 Duo Zhang <zhang...@apache.org> wrote:

> After "HBASE-23326 Implement a ProcedureStore which stores procedures in a
> HRegion" and related issues are resolved, I think the last flaky part of
> the proc-v2 framework has been resolved.

23326 is quite a present for the new year!

So the plan here is to cut branch-2.3, and start to stablize it. And once
> 2.3.0 is out, I will do a final 2.1.x release and mark branch-2.1 as EOL.

+1

Suggestions are welcomed.

My primary suggestion is we need to make sure the rolling upgrade from 2.1
to 2.3 is as “turnkey” as possible. We already have the change to
persistent procedures from 2.2, which adds a hiccup. Let’s try to make this
more smooth for the under-staffed operations houses out there.

Oh, we need a release manager for branch-2.3. Any
> volunteers?

I volunteer to RM 2.3; I don’t mind taking another tour in the role.
Someone else speak up though if you feel you have a stronger claim.

Thanks,
Nick