On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 8:18 PM Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I realize re reading this I left my point incomplete. Pardon, here is the
> rest of it:
>
> That said, if the consensus emerges that moving up to and taking a
> dependency on Java 11 is the best thing to do (for benefits ??, at least
> one being a certification of sorts we run on a LTS > 8), then we
> acknowledge a lift up to all necessary dependency versions also supporting
> 11 is part of the scope of work, including some kind of evidence to
> potential adopters the end result is stable and performs well. I’m not
> opposed to this project but want to surface what might be some hidden work.

The dependency issue alone you mentioned is probably a good enough reason
to not upgrade yet.
I just outlined some of my and our clients' reasons an upgrade would be
welcome but it's not _required_  and I won't say more about it.
If we decide not to do it for 3.0 then we should consider doing it for the
next version. That's fine with me as well especially if we move to a
shorter release cycle.