OK, let's keep an eye on the flaky list of master and branch-2 till this
weekend.

If it is in a bad state then let's discussion again.

Stack <st...@duboce.net> 于2020年3月5日周四 上午12:41写道:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 3:42 AM 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > And speak a little more on increasing the forkCount. In fact, the test
> > category is not too rough. The LargeTests just means the test will run a
> > bit long, does not mean it will consume more resources. Maybe the tests
> > just have lots of Thread.sleep so we declare it as LargeTests.
> >

> I've done a few passes on test categorization of late. The notion had
> rotted pretty bad but should be cleaned up now.
>

> > What I can see is that, all the replication related tests are flaky now.
> > This is reasonable. In replication tests, usually we have to set up at
> > least two mini clusters, and the replication system itself will make use
> of
> > lots of threads. So if you run several replication related tests
> together,
> > it will easy to overload and cause the UTs to timeout or OOM.
> >

> We have at least one test that makes four clusters inside the one JVM.
>
> Yeah, the resource usage in general needs weeding.
>
> Perhaps you are arguing that we just let the state of tests as they are?
> That we let long tests run in series in case two or more might run together
> and fail because they are profligate in their resource use?

I mean increasing the fork count will lead to a random test result as the
test category can not describe the resource usage clearly. You can run
maybe 20+ light-weighted UTs without problem, but if you run 5 tests which
set up 4 mini clusters, the resource will be exhausted and cause the tests
to fail, or at least make it really slow and fail the tests...