        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_232): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_232): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_232): failed
         - mvn package -P runAllTests

A repeatable failure, suspected test initialization problem, not in the
branch-2.2 find flaky tests job. Can someone else repeat this finding? Is
this a new regression?

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test
   Run 1: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:77 Waiting timed out after
[60,000] msec
   Run 2: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:77 Waiting timed out after
[60,000] msec

Flakes:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestSplitMerge.test
   Run 1: TestSplitMerge.test:69 » RetriesExhausted Failed after
attempts=3, exceptions:...
   Run 2: PASS

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestSplitMerge.testMergeRegionOrder
   Run 1: TestSplitMerge.testMergeRegionOrder:135 » Execution
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.cl...
   Run 2: PASS

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestDLSAsyncFSWAL.testThreeRSAbort
   Run 1: TestDLSAsyncFSWAL>AbstractTestDLS.testThreeRSAbort:408 » IO
Failed to get resu...
   Run 2: PASS

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.assignment.TestRegionMoveAndAbandon.test
   Run 1: TestRegionMoveAndAbandon.test:120 » Runtime
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Ret...
   Run 2: PASS

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegionWithInMemoryFlush.testCheckAndMutate_WithCorrectValue
   Run 1:
TestHRegionWithInMemoryFlush>TestHRegion.testCheckAndMutate_WithCorrectValue:1931
expected:<true> but was:<false>
   Run 2: PASS

The output of the find flaky test job (
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/branch-2.2/)
is itself concerning:

Assignment manager regressions?

**/master.assignment.TestMasterAbortWhileMergingTable.java
**/master.assignment.TestRaceBetweenSCPAndDTP.java

A test name "TestRace" that is flaky probably means there is still a race
there.

**/master.balancer.TestSimpleLoadBalancer.java

HBCK can't repair SCP issues reliably?

**/master.procedure.TestHBCKSCP.java

TestReplicationDroppedTables has always been flaky but the multiwal flakes
may indicate a regression:

**/replication.TestReplicationDroppedTables.java
**/replication.TestReplicationSyncUpTool.java
**/replication.multiwal.TestReplicationEndpointWithMultipleAsyncWAL.java
**/replication.multiwal.TestReplicationSyncUpToolWithMultipleWAL.java

Too many issues for me not to veto this RC, or any RC with findings like
this, sorry.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 8:27 PM Guanghao Zhang <zghao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please vote on this release candidate (RC) for Apache HBase 2.2.6.
>
> The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.2.6
>
> The tag to be voted on is 2.2.6RC0. The release files, including
> signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/
>
> Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1401
>
> Signatures used for HBase RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.6 can be found in included
> CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md available here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/CHANGES.md
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/RELEASENOTES.md
>
> A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
> available at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/api_compare_2.2.6RC0_to_2.2.5.html
>
> To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/
>
> Thanks,