Speaking of known flakes, if you have a moment could you please file JIRAs
and mark the fix version at least as 1.7.0, for visibility?

Last week I looped the test suite 100 times and found these, so you can
ignore them as I'll take care of this for them:

   - TestFromClientSide (testCheckAndDeleteWithCompareOp)
   - TestFromClientSideWithCoprocessor (testCheckAndDeleteWithCompareOp)
   - TestClientOperationInterrupt (testInterrupt50Percent)
   - TestReplicationSmallTests (testHBase14905)
   - TestReplicationDisableInactivePeer (testDisableInactivePeer)
   - TestRestartCluster (IO error on shutdown)

From
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/HBase/job/HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/branch-1/
there are these too:

   - TestClusterPortAssignment
   - TestHCM
   - TestExecutorService
   - TestZKLessAMOnCluster
   - TestRSGroupsKillRS

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:50 AM Bharath Vissapragada <bhara...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Master registry backport work <https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/2280>
> for branch-1 is ready for review if anyone wants to take a look. Changes
> are a bit more involved than branch-2/master due to code divergence, Java-7
> compatibility etc. All the tests seem to be passing (except a couple of
> flakes which are known issues in other branches). Given the size of the PR,
> I'm happy to break it in smaller pieces if needed.
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Updates:
> >
> > Reid and I will start prerelease work, like unit test hygiene and
> > prequalification with ITBLL. This will probably take a week or two.
> >
> > Viraj is currently working on a backport of the named queue facility and
> > online slow log and balancer decision log based on it. It might have time
> > to get in.When it's ready for potential commit we can decide how much
> > prequalification work would be invalidated by more changes to branch-1 at
> > that time.
> >
> > Bharath mentioned to me he's currently working on a backport of the
> master
> > registry for configuration. This might also have time to get in. When
> it's
> > ready for potential commit we can decide how much prequalification work
> > would be invalidated by more changes to branch-1 at that time.
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:50 AM Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Next week work on release 1.7.0 will begin.
> > >
> > > It doesn't look like much beyond ad hoc backporting and operationally
> > > focused bugfixes have been happening in branch-1 for a while, which is
> > > good, and there's no reason not to continue this activity while RC work
> > is
> > > in progress.
> > >
> > > If you do have any branch-1 targeted work pending, please consider
> > > committing it in the next week or so. When we have most pending work
> > > flushed any test stabilization effort will be more likely to succeed.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your attention and consideration.

Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk