Hi Nick,

Moving this to a separate email to avoid spamming the release vote.

So, I'm interested in what you proposed that can use personal apache
resources for voting, I will see if I have time to help this week or next
week.

1. for hbase-vote script the problem is just about the `wget` command won't
create the `x.y.zRC#` directory during download (I checked that with
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.3.2RC4/ , the directory
created fine ), not sure why that's the different yet.

2. for create-release (
https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/master/dev-support/create-release), I
don't have much experience and need some time to rampup (maybe Viraj knew
something already ?)

-Stephen

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:09 AM Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:02 AM Tak-Lon (Stephen) Wu <taklo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > In addition, just a learning point about the base of URL is not
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/, is it normal after RC1 ?
> >

> Hi Stephen.
>
> While there is nothing in our policy that requires the person who
assembles
> a release candidate to be a PMC member, in practice there are a couple
> restrictions in place that require PMC action. Uploading to
dist.apache.org
> is one of them. It's totally fine to host an RC on Apache resources
> available to committers, such as home/people.apache.org (back in the day,
> this used to be the common approach). It just happens that our automation
> scripts assume use of dist.a.o, which requires PMC credentials.
>
> If you have time and interest, I would be happy to review/test patches to
> our create-release and hbase-vote automation to support changes necessary
> for committers to publish an RC. I believe Viraj is cataloging issues with
> create-release through his experience with this release.
>
> Thanks for voting!
> Nick
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:51 AM Viraj Jasani <vjas...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
> > > hbase-2.3.2RC4
> > >
> > > The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.3.2
> > > [ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
> > >
> > > The tag to be voted on is 2.3.2RC4:
> > >
> > >   https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.3.2RC4
> > >
> > > The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as
CHANGES.md