Hi Stephen,

> So, I'm interested in what you proposed that can use personal apache
> resources for voting, I will see if I have time to help this week or next
> week.

Thank you.

> 1. for hbase-vote script the problem is just about the `wget` command won't
> create the `x.y.zRC#` directory during download (I checked that with
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.3.2RC4/ , the directory
> created fine ), not sure why that's the different yet.

Sure, let's track this issue, will take a look at this after some time.

> 2. for create-release (
> https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/master/dev-support/create-release), I
> don't have much experience and need some time to rampup (maybe Viraj knew
> something already ?)

create-release, when used with option '-f' tries to perform these activities:

1. "tag" : checkin releasenotes and changes to respective git branch and create
release tag with RC count (it tries to search for existing tags and by default
use next RC version) on git
2. "publish-dist" : build src, bin, client tarballs, and try to checkin
tarballs as well as
changelog, releasenotes, api compat reports to svn (to make them
available on https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase )
3. "publish-release" : stage release in nexus to make artifacts available in
staging
repository (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories )

So far, as part of HBASE-25033, considering to provide an option to
ignore svn checkin. As of today, if svn checkin fails on step 2, step 3 is
not executed and hence, artifacts are not made available on staging repository.
With this ignore svn ci option, artifacts will be present in /output dir locally
and we can copy them to available resources (h.a.o/p.a.o or something else?).

Further, if copy to public apache resources is valid, we can consider a shell
option to copy artifacts there (as of now, it's scp to h.a.o, if we have some
better
option or idea, we can automate this).