Hi Everyone,
I want to understand how to use the Hbase Cell Tags feature. We have a use
case to identify the source of deletes (not the same as authenticated
kerberos user). I have added more details about my use case in HBASE-25118
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-25118>. At my day job we use
Phoenix to interact with hbase and we are passing this information via
Phoenix ConnectionProperties. We are exploring the Cell Tags feature to add
this metadata to Hbase Cells (only to Delete Markers as of now).

Via HBASE-18995 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-18995>, we
have moved all the createCell methods which use Tag(s) as an argument to
PrivateCellUtil class and made the InterfaceAudience of that class Private.
I saw some discussion on that jira
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-18995?focusedCommentId=16219960&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16219960>]
to expose some methods as LimitedPrivate accessible to CP but was decided
to do it later. We only expose CellBuilderFactory
<https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/CellBuilderFactory.java>
which returns which returns an instance of CellBuilder
<https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/CellBuilder.java>
which doesn't have a setTags method. Also the code is vastly different in
branch-1.

Could someone please educate me on how to populate tags from the client
side (i.e Phoenix) while creating a Delete object ?
Thank you !