Per this discussion, I have posted a patch on HBASE-25228 that removes the
script we used to use that hooked up the Jenkins Precommit job to Jira. I
have closed the above issues as "won't fix".

It also looks like our documentation needs an update, so I filed
HBASE-25233. I think we might also be able to drop this "create-patch"
script.

Please take a look, and feel free to pick up any of this work that speaks
to you.

Thanks,
Nick