A few of us met this afternoon to talk some split-meta design. It was Zach,
Bharath, Francis, and myself. Duo showed up 'on-time' but we all were on
daylight savings so we were an hour early! (My fault).

Most of this kick-off meeting was Francis and I rehearsing where we (Duo,
Francis, and I) have gotten to-date (see [1]), the current thinking and
implementation ideas.

We went over the ConnectionRegistry API, and how it might change and we
pulled up RegionLocator too...

Talked about possibly moving ConnectionRegistry impl to a set of
'bootstrapping' RegionServers...

Suggestion was that we break up the problem into aspects to make the
problem more tractable.

We'll try another in a week or so but meantime lets try and make some
progress on the design doc...

Thanks,

1.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11ChsSb2LGrSzrSJz8pDCAw5IewmaMV0ZDN1LrMkAj4s/edit#heading=h.hdf0rnyevxz2